March is a time for new beginnings – winter is coming to an end, the grass is being cultivated by the immense rain, and people become rejuvenated after many long and cold months. To kick off spring with the right foot forward, there are many simple, yet effective ways you can start doing today. A crucial step begins with mapping out a healthy and nutritious diet.
- Eat a wide variety of foods – By doing this, you are ensuring that your body is getting an array of nutrients because different foods offer different supplements.
- Be aware of portions – There are small packages that offer the nutrients for only one serving size; this is something easy to dismiss if something is designed in a small container.
- Limit refined grains and added sugars – These two categories have little or no dietary fiber and have been stripped of many nutrients. They often contribute to weight gain because they are empty calories.
- Consume lots of produce – Nutrients from colorful produce may help protect against certain diseases and illnesses, which is why it is vital to eat green, orange, red, blue, purple, and yellow fruits and vegetables. Try to eat 2.5 cups of vegetables and 2 cups of fruit, per day.
- Keep an eye out for liquid calories – Although there are healthy options for liquid calories, such as milk and 100% fruit juice, there are other drinks such as soda, alcoholic drinks, and sweetened beverages that have another of calories with little to no nutritional value.
- Enjoy the food you eat – It doesn’t get any simpler than that. If you cook and eat with others, it is going to have positive benefits on your physical and mental health. The food you prep is meant to be enjoyed.
These are just a few ways for you to add a positive twist to your diet – which will lead to more benefits down the road.
How Healics Can Help
Whether you are a company of two or 10,000, Healics can team with you to develop comprehensive wellness and coaching programs that help your employees diminish their health risks.
Call us at 1-800-HEALICS today or contact us now to discuss health coaching solutions and ways you can provide your staff with the resources they need to live healthier, happier, more vibrant lives.